[darcs-users] darcs_cgi paths (again)

David Roundy droundy at jdj5.mit.edu
Tue May 20 19:45:51 UTC 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 09:50:28PM +0300, Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
> the
>
> [make cgi repos dir configurable.
> droundy at abridgegame.org**Mon May 12 06:11:02 EDT 2003]
>
> patch does not seem terribly useful. darcs_cgi also needs a cache directory
> (currently hardcoded to "/var/cache/darcs_cgi/") and the cache_page function
> is not aware of /etc/darcs/cgi.conf. Both of these paths are at non-standard
> locations, at least on bsd systems.
>
> I know that this was only meant to be a temporary work-around and I don't
> really care if it gets fixed or not (I can always patch-in different
> paths before the build), but I thought I'd report it anyway.

I appreciate the report.  I didn't think about changing the location of the
patch directory.

As for the config file, it has to be located somewhere (or the config has
to be done at ./configure time and compiled in, which seems uglier).  Where
do config files go on BSD systems? I'm just used to linux where all config
files go in /etc.  Well, and supercomputers, where everything goes
whereever a dart lands that is thrown by a monkey--at least that seems to
be how they are administered.

If there is a (different) standard config file location for BSD systems,
perhaps it would be best to set the config file location at configure time,
although that would be a pain for the documentation... Or perhaps I could
have a search path for the config file, at least if there's no chance that
the BSD config file location would be writeable by non-root on linux and
vice versa.
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/