[darcs-users] Re: Autoconf support

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed May 21 21:55:29 UTC 2003

David Roundy writes:

 > Applied.

Expect another one soon. While just reading the diffs myself on the
list, I found at least five small problems. :-)

 > The other was that libpthread needed to be included whenever
 > hscurl.o is used.

OK. The difference is probably, that on my system the thread code is
part of libc, so I don't need to give the -lpthread explicitly.
Interesting. I guess, I'll write a test for finding the library
containing pthread_create(). Then we just link _that_, no matter how
it's called. (On some BSD systems there appears to be a different
threading library, which is not called pthread.)

 > I noticed that make clean removes autoconf.mk, which seems rather
 > unexpected to me.

Fixed. I added 'distclean, like you proposed.

One other thing: The Makefile does require GNU make because of the
"include" statement. Would you mind renaming it to GNUmakefile? Then
other makes won't choke on it. On we'd have 'card blanche' to make
full use of GNU make's features, rather than sticking to a minimal
subset, as of now.

Peter