[darcs-users] unexpected merge conflicts

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu May 22 10:19:41 UTC 2003

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 04:12:55AM +0300, Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:

> Same thing today. I pulled some patches from your repo and darcs reported
> conflicts in ./Makefile which had no conflict markers. The last patch I had
> pulled before this last pull was
>
> [fix darcs-server deb depends and recommends.
> droundy at civet.berkeley.edu**Wed May 21 11:13:15 EDT 2003]

This one is ok--just a bug in the conflict reporting.  What happened was
that there was a conflict which then got resolved in a second patch by
Peter, and the code just checks for any conflicts at all... Hmmm.  I could
check for such cases by trying to commute the merger (at which the confluct
occurs) up to the top of the stack of patches.  That'll be a job for
another day though.
http://www.abridgegame.org