[darcs-users] darcs TODO list for 0.9.11

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu May 22 10:35:16 UTC 2003

Here is my current TODO list of big things to work on for the next release
of darcs... the exciting things are the rewritten PackedString and the mmap
interface which should greatly improve IO speed and memory efficiency, both
of which are Good Things.

Mostly this list is for my own use, so I won't forget to do any of these
things, but feel free to comment or add suggestions.  Also, of course,
there are plenty of important things to do for the autoconf conversion, but
this is just the list of things for *me* to do.

* Fix "bug" in unravel shown in tests/mergeresolved.sh.

* Look into possible bug in unwind.

* Rewrite PackedString to allow sharing of the array when splitting the
  string (e.g. into lines) so copying won't be needed--this will be faster
  and in some cases (i.e. mine) it will be more memory efficient also.

* Write mmap interface to allow quick and efficient reading of a file as a
  PackedString.

* Rewrite slurp to use above interface to read in the files, keeping both
  the raw PackedString and a linesPSed [PackedString] (which use the same
  memory!  :)

* Add support for binary files, since we will now have a copy of the raw
  binary file as well as one which has been broken up into lines!
http://www.abridgegame.org