[darcs-users] new rollback command

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Nov 12 14:16:06 UTC 2003

I've added a new command called rollback to darcs.  Unfortunately it
exposes an existing (but previously harmless) bug in the darcs patch
filename code (which didn't affect the new filenames), so you shouldn't use
rollback in a repository you want to be accessible using darcs 0.9.14.

Rollback essentially records the inverse of an existing patch in the
repository.  This makes it a lot like unrecord, but perfectly safe, and it
leaves the history of the change in the repository (which can be a good
thing).  There are various user interface issues still to be dealt
with--for example, it doesn't make sense to me to pull both a patch and its
inverse.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org