[darcs-users] problem building from tarball

boris j boris at lysator.liu.se
Sat Nov 15 15:51:46 UTC 2003

Hello everybody !

I'm trying to build darcs from the tarball, but the build fails pretty quickly
with message:

    ghc  -cpp  -O -funbox-strict-fields -package util -package text  -fffi -c
Autoconf.lhs
    Prologue junk?: .globl __stginit_Autoconf
            .type   __stginit_Autoconf, at function
    __stginit_Autoconf:
            pushl   %ebp
            movl    %esp, %ebp

    make: *** [Autoconf.o] Error 255

I'm compiling darcs 0.9.14 (the one downloadable from the webpage) with ghc
6.0.1 on an Mandrake 9.0 pc box.

configure script throws following warnings:

    configure: WARNING: Cannot find latex in your path!
    configure: WARNING: Cannot find dvips in your path!
    configure: WARNING: Cannot find latex2html in your path!
    configure: WARNING: Cannot find curl/curl.h; will use external commands
for downloads...
    configure: WARNING: Cannot find libcurl; will use external commands for
downloads...

I don't know if that is relevant.
Anyone who knows what's wrong ? Have i missed something ?

I placed my complete log of the build attempt on:
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~boris/installing-darcs
in case I missed some info.

T.i.a.
Elmir J