[darcs-users] MinGW running problems

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Sun Nov 16 12:00:13 UTC 2003

Hi!

After re-compiling without wxhaskell support and without optimizations,
situation is much better ie. there is some darcs' functionality available.

Still, I cannot initialize new repo. At 1st  thought that the problem is with
some old residues, but I cannot even initialize a new (clean) directory.

The error is :

$ darcs inittree

Fail: already exists
Action: renameFile
Reason: File exists
File: ./_darcs/inventory-0

After I execute run initree under Linux (same repo), and change something (under Win), darcs properly reports changes, i.e.:

$ darcs whatsnew
{
hunk ./Main.hs 4
-main = putStrLn "Hello world!"
+main = putStrLn "Hello darcs!\n"
}

An attempt to commit these changes results in:

$ darcs record -a
What is the patch name? some change
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn] n

There is no test.

Fail: permission denied
Action: removeFile
Reason: Permission denied
File: _darcs/patches/some_change-gour9mail.inet.hr-20031116115058-0

Commiting the same change under Linux and going back to Win, issuing
darcs new, correctly produces "No changes.".

At the end, making another change and wanting to see the diff, gives:

$ darcs diff

Fail: ArgumentDefaults.lhs:68: Non-exhaustive patterns in function gda

Resume: I'm happy that re-compile has given me some opportunity to test darcs
(page fault error gives me none :-), but it looks there are some quirks to
resolve - maybe with temporary files as Peter reported.

I'd also like to hear more about Peter's experiences.

Although Linux is my primarily platform, I'd like to know that Win is platform
on which darcs can be deployed.

Any idea for further testing?

Sincerely,
Gour