[darcs-users] MinGW running problems

Peter Strand d98peter at dtek.chalmers.se
Sun Nov 16 12:45:17 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 01:00:13PM +0100, Gour wrote:
> The error is :
> $ darcs inittree
>
> Fail: already exists
> Action: renameFile
> Reason: File exists
> File: ./_darcs/inventory-0

I was bitten by this one yesterday as well ;)
renameFile is slightly broken in released ghc versions,
but fixed in the upcoming release. A workaround for now is to
remove the target file before the rename.

> Fail: permission denied
> Action: removeFile
> Reason: Permission denied
> File: _darcs/patches/some_change-gour9mail.inet.hr-20031116115058-0

Hmm.. I usually only get these on temp. files, not patches. I'll
try to reproduce it..

> Although Linux is my primarily platform, I'd like to know that Win is platform
> on which darcs can be deployed.

Same here.

I don't see any fundamental reason why darcs couldn't work well under windows,
but there are a few rough corners which have to be smoothed out a bit..

> Any idea for further testing?

I'll make my local changes available later today. You could try with
them applied and see how far that helps.

/Peter