[darcs-users] MinGW compile problem

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Nov 16 18:01:42 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 11:51:18AM +0100, Gour wrote:
> David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:
>
> I had some problems in trying to pull or get darcs repository yesterday.
>
> After getting repo, darcs was runing few hours in tryign to apply patches.
>
> Then I pull it again (with get) before going out of home, and
> when I returned back everything was fine, but I could not do much testing.

My guess is that the problem was that I unpulled a buggy version of the XML
patch and replaced it with a fixed one (which I shouldn't have done).  You
probably pulled the buggy version, and then when you pulled the fixed
version they had massive conflicts which took a long time to resolve.  :(
I need to look at the conflict resolution code carefully some time to see
if I can figure out a faster way to do it.

> > I've made an attempt at converting zlib_helper to use win32 threads
> > (with the help of a win32 threads tutorial), so if you have a linux
> > darcs working you can try pulling the changes to see if they work under
> > windows.  Note that either way, you'll have to have zlib installed.
> > Also note that I don't have windows, so it's completely untested.
>
> Today I tried to compile with MinGW and at first, there was an error with
> undefined signals:
> SignalHandler.lhs:26: Module `Posix' does not export `sigABRT'

I have an alternative fix for this, assuming you are using ghc6.  The
latest darcs uses System.Posix.Signals for the signals stuff, which should
mean that they can be moved out of win32/Posix.hs entirely, if we're
willing to drop win32 ghc5 support.

Let me know if you (both Gour and Peter) think this fix is enough, and if
so I'll pull the signal stuff from win32/Posix (or one of you could submit
a patch that does so).
http://www.abridgegame.org