[darcs-users] DARCS changes XSLT stylesheet

BARBOUR Timothy Timothy_BARBOUR at rta.nsw.gov.au
Tue Nov 18 23:54:05 UTC 2003

[...]
> Hot on the heels of the --xml-output patch, here's a simple
> stylesheet that
> turns the XML output into HTML.

In that case, can we please have an option to use HTML strike-through to
show changes. I do not like Microsoft, but MS-Word displays differences
using strike-through, and having used it, I find it easier to read than any
other difference displaying technique I have used (e.g. tkdiff). It may be
unfamiliar initially, but proves its value with use. If you are unfortunate
enough to have access to MS-Word, try turning on change-tracking
(Tools->Track Changes->Highlight Changes), make changes and marvel. For an
example of how to do strike-through in HTML, see
http://www.faqs.org/docs/htmltut/_STRIKE.html . Note that MS-Word uses
colouring in conjunction with strike-through, which is more effective than
strike-through alone.

This has been on my revision-control wish-list for several years.

Tim

-- sorry about the lame .sig --

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This e-mail and any attachment to it is intended only to be read or used by
the named addressee.  It is confidential and may contain legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistaken transmission to you.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender.  You must not
disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended
recipient.  The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to
this e-mail or attachment to it.