[darcs-users] --dont-xxx options (was: More questions about the code)

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Wed Nov 19 16:02:55 UTC 2003

David Roundy wrote:
> darcs whatsnew --look-for-adds --dont-look-for-adds
>
> do? I guess probably I should fail in this case and the command line should
> override the defaults.  Hmmmm.  I'll have to think about it a bit more.

Within the command line, my first inclination would be to let the last
one win, but failing would also be ok. I'm not sure how integrated the
'prefs' is in the logic, but it's certainly important to specify one in
prefs, and override it on the command line. So if it avoids special
cases to let the last one win, I would go that route.

It would be interesting just to lay out all the options and their
opposites, to see if the naming ends up consistent and/or easy to
remember. If not, some of the options might deserve aliases that are
more easily inverted. I haven't done that exercise myself yet.

Kevin