[darcs-users] darcs record --ask-deps bug?

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Wed Nov 19 16:17:00 UTC 2003

Hi!

I've found some time to try to test darcs a little bit, before start using it
with real data :-)

I created a repo and added whole web site by creating "Initial import" patch.
Then I did a slight change in readme.html file and recorded the patch.
After that I removed binary file which was added by mistake and did another
change in readme.html. Here is the output:

<output>
bash-2.05b$ darcs check -v
Applying patches...
Applying patch [Initial import
gour at mail.inet.hr**20031119154040]
Patch read...
Patch applies cleanly...
Applying patch [small change in readme.html
gour at mail.inet.hr**20031119155617]
Patch read...
Patch applies cleanly...
Applying patch [removing site_definition.wst
gour at mail.inet.hr**20031119155715]
Patch read...
Patch applies cleanly...
The repo is consistent!
bash-2.05b$ darcs whatsnew
{
hunk ./readme.html 40
+<h3 class="release">v.0.98.2: 19.11.2003</h3>
+<p class="desc">This is another change for testing darcs</p>
}
bash-2.05b$
</output>

Now I want to apply 2nd patch to the repo by defining that 2nd patch depends on
the "small change .." aptch, but not on the "removing site .." patch. Here is
the output:

<output>
bash-2.05b$ darcs record -v --ask-deps
About to get the unrecorded changes.
syncing dir...
done syncing dir...
diffing dir...
I've gotten unrecorded.
hunk ./readme.html 40
+<h3 class="release">v.0.98.2: 19.11.2003</h3>
+<p class="desc">This is another change for testing darcs</p>
Shall I record this patch? [ynW?] y
[removing site_definition.wst
gour at mail.inet.hr**20031119155715]
Does your patch depend on this patch? [ynsh] n
[small change in readme.html
gour at mail.inet.hr**20031119155617]
Does your patch depend on this patch? [ynsh] y

Fail: Record.lhs:302: Non-exhaustive patterns in function pass_back_patch

bash-2.05b$
</output>

Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Sincerely,