[darcs-users] Patch Theory in action

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Thu Nov 20 04:16:34 UTC 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 04:43, Kevin Smith wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out patch theory, and specifically at the moment,
> dependencies. I think the patch theory section of the manual would be
> far more understandable if it had concrete examples to augment the
> abstract theories.

Seconded (when reading the "Theory of patches" section I always find myself
thinking "sure, cool theorems but what algorithm do you derive from them?" -
of course the algorithms _are_ documented, only not in a form that's
accessible to me (I really need to study haskell)). I think David said he is
going to rewrite the section sometime before January(?), so we'd better start
making suggestions :-)