[darcs-users] The inventories directory (was: Branching, again, in more detail)

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Nov 20 13:13:24 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 09:17:01AM +0200, Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
> On Thursday 20 November 2003 08:24, Kevin Smith wrote:
> > Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:

It's to allow the inventory file to be split into multiple pieces so you
don't need to download the whole thing every time you do a pull.

> > > Do a 'darcs tag' before you look in it, then it should be obvious.
> >
> > Uh. Nope. Not obvious to me, anyway. I've done about five tags in my
> > project so far, and my inventories directory is still empty.
>
> Weird. I expected you'ld get something like:

That's because on most operations darcs just appends to inventory rather
than rewriting the whole thing.  Get breaks the inventory up, as does
unrecord and unpull.  I should add an optimize option to break up the
inventory.  On old projects, just downloading the entire inventory can be
slow.
http://www.abridgegame.org