[darcs-users] Re: Branching, again, in more detail

David Roundy droundy at jdj5.mit.edu
Fri Nov 21 12:31:30 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 06:28:07PM +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
> Kevin Smith writes:
> > This seems like another example of material that would be
> > handy to put on a darcs wiki. David: Do you have any
> > interest in wikis?

I don't really have any inherent interest in wikis, but definitely I see
that writing sufficient introductory documentation is difficult, and making
it easier for users to contribute and make docs/tutorials available would
be good.  I'll be changing jobs in a month (and the abridgegame.org server
is my work computer), so it's not a good time for me to be changing the
server setup.  It does seem like a darcs wiki would be useful, so I think
once I transition over to a new server I'll see about setting one up.

> David, if you think it's useful, go ahead and use the e-mail for your
> manual. I think a chapter on "conversion from CVS, SVN ..." couldn't
> hurt?

It does look useful, but at the moment I don't think I have time to merge
it.  If you want to add a chapter (perhaps after the Getting Started
chapter) and add it to the manual, I'll happily apply a patch (or if anyone
else wanted to latexify the email and add it to the manual).

Probably the thing to do is to add a separate file that will get \input to
darcs.lhs.
http://www.abridgegame.org