[darcs-users] Patch Theory in action

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Nov 22 14:22:15 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 03:05:43PM +0100, Marnix Klooster wrote:
> Hello David et al.,

Hello!

> I don't recall whether darcs further optimizes its context description
> using the explicit dependencies that are created by manual dependencies
> and tag patches.  But this obviously can be done: e.g., it is not
> necessary to give all patches that precede a given tag, since everybody
> who can find the tag patch can find out on which patches it depends.

Darcs optimizes the context description based on tags only (one more reason
to tag regularly).  In principle (and in an earlier version) it could
optimize based on actual dependencies, but this can be a slow process, so
it seems better to just go by tags.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org