[darcs-users] Re: Jam-based build system

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sun Nov 23 15:51:05 UTC 2003

Gour  writes:

 > http://www.a-a-p.org/

That looks quite interesting; thanks for the link!

 > And what about boost-jam?

BOOST.Jam is pretty much a replacement for Jambase, but
still based on Jam. They just build it with other default
rules.

It looks very good, and I know that it handles variant
builds, regression tests, and whatnotelse. But it's _very_
C++ specific; this thing really knows whether some compiler
version x.y supports unrolling loops in partially
specialized templates or something. I guess it's worth
taking another look at, though.

Peter