spam on the darcs list - RE: [darcs-users] comgratulation ! ! !

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Mon Nov 24 06:29:36 UTC 2003

BARBOUR Timothy wrote:
> How do other people feel about the increasing volume of spam ? I know David
> is reluctant to restrict the list so that only subscribers can post, but it
> would be sad if people started dropping off the list because of the spam.

I agree. I don't know what our options are with this particular mailing
list software, but generally my preferred setting is that non-subscriber
messages get moderated.

If we started getting too much spam for that to work, I would support
only allowing subscribers to post.

It could just be a temporary rash, but it's rare for spam levels to
actually decrease for a given email address.

Kevin