[darcs-users] Mirroring repos to a web host (was: Using darcs in the real world)

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Tue Nov 25 19:11:37 UTC 2003

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

> But yes, the working directory and current are unnecesary, unless you want
> to actually use the repository.  However, if you were to run the cgi script
> to allow browsing of the repository, you'd want current (in principle,
> assuming a sufficiently smart cgi script) so you wouldn't have to read the
> entire repository every time you want to know the contents of a file.

One question: how is one supposed to install cgi script i.e. enable public to
browse the directory in a web-hosted environment or this is not the intention
or we are going in the repository-browser direction?

Maybe it's not the case, but I assume that it's not true that everybody can run
his/her own server and thereby provide darcs repository for the public, but
since darcs is distributed rcs, it would be nice to have such 'feature'.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour