[darcs-users] UTF-16 (was: Default binary masks)

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Nov 26 11:41:53 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 04:59:51PM -0800, Trevor Talbot wrote:
> On Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003, at 08:39 US/Pacific, Sean E Russell wrote:
> >I started to take this off-list; I'm not sure how much relevance this
> >has to darcs, although if darcs is going to start getting into
> >encoding support, then this is probably an important discussion.
>
> Since I received these via the list, I'll continue to reply here.
> Perhaps we should just say, "if David says be quiet, we will" :)

Well, I'm definitely learning from your discussion, so I'm not going to
shut you up... :) I'll definitely use this as a resource if I ever
implement more character support than I've now got.  But as I mentioned
before, that'll depend on someone really wanting to use darcs with UTF-16
data.  Its target audience is developers, and since source code tends to be
7 bit ASCII, 7 bit ASCII is really what I care about.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org