[darcs-users] Mirroring repos to a web host (was: Using darcs in the real world)

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Nov 26 11:48:27 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 08:11:37PM +0100, Gour wrote:
> One question: how is one supposed to install cgi script i.e. enable
> public to browse the directory in a web-hosted environment or this is not
> the intention or we are going in the repository-browser direction?

Installing the cgi script is pretty easy if you own the server.  On debian
it consists of installing the darcs-server package and setting up symlinks
in /var/www/repos to any repositories you want people to be able to
browse.  As far as setting up the cgi script on a server you *don't*
control, that I don't know how to do (for darcs_cgi, or any other cgi for
that matter...).

On your own machine, compiling from source, you can use 'make
install-server' to install the cgi script, although it may go in the wrong
place if you're running on BSD...  basically you just need to stick
darcs_cgi in the cgi-bin directory, and cgi.conf in /etc/darcs/.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org