[darcs-users] Mirroring repos to a web host (was: Using darcs in the real world)

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Wed Nov 26 12:34:37 UTC 2003

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

> Yes, you do need darcs on the web-hosted site.  Hopefully if you have shell
> access you can install darcs in ~/bin, although I'm afraid that might
> require compiling ghc to compile darcs... which could be scary.

True. I cannot just 'copy' my version of darcs (without proper libs), while
otoh web-hosted sites which allows you compiling (what to speak of having ghc
on disposal) are very rare and that leaves me with just an option to mirror my
localhost darcs repos to web host. (I hope Kevin will share his experiences
with rsync :-)

But, thanks to darcs' design, this is also something.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour