[darcs-users] mailing list suggestion(s)

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Wed Nov 26 12:52:03 UTC 2003

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

> In a couple of months I'll be switching servers, so my current idea is to
> switch to a newer version of mailman at the time and considering either
> restricting posting to subscribers or using some kind of spam filtering.

Restricting psoting to subscribers might be a good idea for a start.

> Figuring out how to make the archive searchable does sound like a good
> idea.

It's not so difficult (recently I was moving several lists and upgrading
Mailman from 2.0.x t0 2.1.x) and there are few patches which integrates
Mailman with htdig search engine - conf files are automatically created and
archives are regularly updated via cron jobs. Simple & efficient.

> I was also thinking of creating a separate darcs-devel list to bring down
> the traffic a bit, although I'm not sure I need to do that.

At the moment, I prefer to stay with the one list only, until darcs becomes
more mature and gets more users.

Sincerely,
Gour

--