[darcs-users] Re: Jam-based build system

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Nov 26 14:04:42 UTC 2003

Gour writes:

 > http://www.a-a-p.org/

By the way, I have looked at A-A-P and I _love_ it. My own
make-solution ideas died a sudden death when I saw this
beauty. I have already converted most my own projects to
A-A-P and it's a dream. I'm beginning to start using the
advanced features, such as 'publish', and I think A-A-P
could well revolutionize the way software is built and
distributed.

What Darcs is to CVS, A-A-P is to Make: It really extends
the way build information is managed into a distributed
space, everything is modular and un-centralistic.

Cool stuff. :-)

Peter

P. S.: I seem to see _quite_ a bit of influence from
Gentoo's Portage system in A-A-P. Could that be?