[darcs-users] Re: Jam-based build system

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Wed Nov 26 14:48:43 UTC 2003

Peter Simons (simons at cryp.to) wrote:

> By the way, I have looked at A-A-P and I _love_ it. My own
> make-solution ideas died a sudden death when I saw this
> beauty. I have already converted most my own projects to
> A-A-P and it's a dream. I'm beginning to start using the
> advanced features, such as 'publish', and I think A-A-P
> could well revolutionize the way software is built and
> distributed.

I'm glad you like it. Since you spent some time researching different make
alternatives, I can safely assume that A-A-P is wortk taking a closer look,
at least :-)

> P. S.: I seem to see _quite_ a bit of influence from
> Gentoo's Portage system in A-A-P. Could that be?

Well, Bram took some time to become familiar with the present state of build
systems, and Portage's main deficiency is bash-dependency.

So when we can expect to see darcs in AAP repo?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour