[OT] Re: [darcs-users] Re: Jam-based build system

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Wed Nov 26 15:54:31 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 16:04, Peter Simons wrote:
[...]
> P. S.: I seem to see _quite_ a bit of influence from
> Gentoo's Portage system in A-A-P. Could that be?

Well, given that quite a few examples in the manual refer to freebsd, I'd say
any influence is from the freebsd ports system. Just compare the aap file for
vim and the Makefile in the freebsd vim port ( http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/
cvsweb.cgi/ports/editors/vim/Makefile?rev=1.240&content-type=text/
x-cvsweb-markup)

PS: yeah, I've tried converting a local project to aap and I, too, am
impressed. Thanks for the link Gour.