[darcs-users] checking Text.Regex... buggy! ??

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Nov 27 19:34:54 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 06:53:35PM +0100, Gour wrote:
> David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:
> > Versions of Text.Regex in ghc prior to 6.2 have a bug that causes them to
> > segfault.  The configure script runs a test program and if it crashes it
> > uses the module RegexString instead.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I assume 6.2 is only in CVS?

Yeah, and the CVS version of 6.2 that I have (which is a bit old) doesn't
have the bug fixed, but I've been told that it's fixed in CVS.  6.2 should
be a nice improvement.  Text.Regex is fixed, and a memory leak in
getCurrentDirectory is fixed, and memory profiling is fixed...  :)
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org