[darcs-users] Re: checking Text.Regex... buggy! ??

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Fri Nov 28 17:30:31 UTC 2003

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 04:05:42PM +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
> I also get the "broken" message on my system, but I am
> running GHC 6.3  -- the latest CVS version. Shouldn't this
> bug be fixed in there already?

Hmmmm.  That's what I was told, but perhaps there is still a bug in there.
Perhaps you could compile by hand just the test program:

import Text.Regex ( mkRegex, matchRegex )
import System.Mem ( performGC )

main = sequence_ $ map trymatch regexen

regexen = map r [1..100]
          where r n = mkRegex $ concat $ map show [0..n]

trymatch r = if matchRegex r "Hello world" /= Nothing
             then putStr $ "It matches!\n"
             else performGC

and verify that it gives a segfault.  If it doesn't, there's a problem with
my autoconf macro, otherwise it would probably be a good idea to report to
the ghc folks that there is still a bug in Text.Regex.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org