[darcs-users] internal error

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Fri Nov 28 17:30:52 UTC 2003

Gour wrote:
> I'm putting win32 darcs on a more real test by working with one real web site.

Excellent!

By the way, I wanted to clarify: This is a "native" MinGW version of
darcs, and not a cygwin version, right?

> After doing some slight changes to html files and issuing whatsnew, darcs
> crashes (both in rxvt - MSYS environment, as well as under MSDOS prompt):
>
>  darcs whatsnew
>  c:\MinGW\bin\darcs.exe: internal error: RTS exhausted max heap size (268435456 bytes)

Are there any "large" files in the project, like over 1 megabyte? Did
any binaries get checked in that you didn't realize?

I had something similar happen when I had accidentally checked in a
large binary file. Perhaps the problem is worse under Windows where
darcs can't use hard links?

Kevin