[darcs-users] internal error

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Fri Nov 28 23:03:43 UTC 2003

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

> darcs whatsnew +RTS -M1000000001

By running darcs record with this parameter I was able to apply initial patch
for the fresh repo - it's around 1.9MB gz file.

Without +RTS .. I got the same error as reported. (Bear in mind that I'm
running Win98 under win4lin and does not waste too much memory for it - 48MBs
although win4lin nicely uses Linux cache - with this setup I can run Adobe
GoLive.)

> Does darcs whatsnew on the repo work fine under linux? And how much memory
> does it seem to use (if you can see it on top, perhaps)?

I also re-created repo with the same data under Linux and it works.
When I added binary file (problematic one - *.site) to repo, darcs was using
about 80% (of 256MBs) of my memory.

However, operation of adding (binary file), recording, removing & recording
was successful.

Interesting enough, when (before that) I was testing old repo (which was
crashing under win32), by running darcs (from Linux) on the same win32 repo I
got interesting report:

bash-2.05b$ darcs check
Looks like we have a difference...
Nothing
Inconsistent repo!
bash-2.05b$

> Those are all the ideas I have at the moment for troubleshooting this
> problem.  If it shows up in linux as well, that would be good news, since
> it would make it much easier to track down...

So, it looks like giving darcs on win32 more resources solves the problem.

More testing tomorrow (actually, it's already today :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour