[darcs-users] bug - darcs 0.9.14 recording its inventory ??

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Nov 29 12:03:58 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 05:17:35PM +1100, Tim Barbour wrote:
> Is darcs supposed to attempt to record changes to its inventory file ??
>
> I performed the following actions:
>
> (1) create an empty project in a remote repo
> (2) get the empty project over http
> (3) add some files to the remote project, and record
> (4) pull from the remote repo
> (5) create a new file locally, but forget to add it
> (6) record
>
> and got this output:
>
> trb at elysium:/home/not-human/code/darcs/hack> darcs record
> hunk ./_darcs/inventory 1
> +[converted_to_darcs_from_cvs
> +trb at categorical.net**20031129052047]
> Shall I record this patch? [ynW?] n
> Ok, if you don't want to record anything, that's fine!
> trb at elysium:/home/not-human/code/darcs/hack> darcs --version
> 0.9.14
>
> The inventory file changed because of the pull, but surely darcs should not
> offer to record the change, since it is not a project file.

This bug is fixed in the latest darcs (was reported two days after I
released 0.9.14, and I believe was introduced between 0.9.13 and 0.9.14).
You can work around the bug manually by doing rm -rf _darcs/current/_darcs
immediately after the darcs get.

Thanks for the report, though.  I probably should get 0.9.15 out soon, to
deal with these issues.  It'll also be an important step in the repo format
switch.
http://www.abridgegame.org