[darcs-users] internal error

ketil at ii.uib.no ketil at ii.uib.no
Sat Nov 29 12:33:54 UTC 2003

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:

>> If you build darcs with profiling (add -prof to the GHC command line
>> for *all* modules), you can run darcs with options

> This is a good idea.  There's a commented out line in GNUMakefile to do
> this... I also add --auto-all which gives a bit more granularity.

I have in my Makefiles:

    PFLAGS = $(FLAGS) -O2 -prof -auto-all -hisuf p.hi -osuf p.o

and two targets (say 'darcs' and 'darcs.p'), the latter built with
profiling.  Avoids the trouble of inadvertently building from mixed .o
files (which will cause the executable to crash), and means there's
usually a profiling exectable nearby for when I need it.

-kzm