[darcs-users] how to produce conflicts in pending

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Nov 30 18:15:46 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 12:15:27PM +1100, Peter Maxwell wrote:
> Moving a file before adding its new directory:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> T=`TMPDIR=$PWD mktemp -d`
> echo $T
> cd $T
> set -e
> darcs inittree
> echo text > afile.txt
> darcs add afile.txt
> darcs record --all --no-test --patch-name init
> mkdir d
> darcs mv afile.txt d/afile.txt
> darcs add d

Thanks for the report! The problem is that darcs should have failed on the
mv command, since the directory d hadn't been added to the repo.  I've
added a check for this.

A more proper fix would be to *always* check that pending is valid before
writing it (in write_pending, perhaps).  I'm afraid, though, that this
could be slow, may be redundant, and would modify too many files (and thus
might be destabilizing).  This is something that perhaps can be cleaned up
after 1.0.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org