[darcs-users] setprefs

David Roundy droundy at jdj5.mit.edu
Fri Oct 10 11:34:57 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 07:17:00PM +0200, Peter Simons wrote:
> One more enhancement request: Would it be possible to make 'setprefs'
> check, whether the value the user sets actually exists or not? I'd
> like to have this a safe-guard against typos in keyword ... I just
> messed up a repository, because I misspelled "boringfile". :-)

This may take some work, as I currently have no listing (except in the
documentation) of what keywords are meaningful in the prefs file.  On the
other hand, once I had such a list, this check would certainly be
trivial...

> P. S.: Is there any chance the "dars add <tab>" output will be
> filtered by the full-path "boring" file any time soon? Having paths
> during "darcs add" is very useful already, but it's hard to figure
> out, which files are actually new when there are 200+ "boring files",
> which clutter up the output.

Done.  I had forgotten about that use of boring when I made my latest
boring changes.  (still to be "tested" twice before you'll see it... once
with ghc cvs and once with ghc5)
http://www.abridgegame.org