[darcs-users] Interoperability?

Luna Kid listreader at neuropolis.org
Fri Oct 10 21:09:21 UTC 2003

Thanks for the answer.

> There is always darcs diff, which isn't bad for sending patches
> to non-darcs-using people, but then when they make the changes in CVS
> you'll get a conflict between your patch and itself.

Sorry, I'm not sure what this conflict you mention would be.

Anyway, let's forget about CVS checkin. Could this
simplistic brute-force cycle provide an easy solution?

    - do local darcs dev.
    - record

sync to CVS:
    - download the CVS snapshot
    - do a darcs diff against it
    - send the patch to the CVS folks

sync back from CVS:
    - convert the CVS snapshot to a temp darcs repo
    - pull/merge/... it (what should this be?)

Well, as you see, I'm not terribly familiar with darcs yet,
so I may be totally off the track, sorry! :)

> makes it hard to work on large repositories, but if you have a smaller
> project (than the linux kernel) you're interested, I'd be happy to
> develop the script and test it on that repo.

Thanks, I'm just wondering yet. (Multiple small
CVS projects should be my targets, anyway.)

Sz.