[darcs-users] DARCS pushable repository security question

Sean Russell ser at germane-software.com
Mon Oct 20 16:52:51 UTC 2003

On Monday 20 October 2003 10:12, David Roundy wrote:
> > I have a more humble use for DARCS, in that I simply want a place for
> > people to easily submit patches.  I'm going to be auditing the patches
> > before accepting them into a secure repository, and I'll be running tests
> > at that point.
>
> In that case, you don't need what I call a pushable repository, unless you
> need your users to be able to access each other's patches before you accept
> them.  If you set _darcs/prefs/email for your public repository to your

Nice!

So... out of curiosity, besides the fact that DARCS "doesn't scale", what
features -- in your opinion -- does BitKeeper have that DARCS lacks?

I had poked around with Haskell before I knew about DARCS, but DARCS -- as
proof that Haskell was capable of significant projects -- inspired me to
really start learning.  I'm about halfway through "The Craft of Functional
Programming" -- I've got some sort of intuitive block against functional
languages that makes them difficult for me; ML killed me in college -- and I
was playing with the idea of contributing to DARCS as a sort of practical
application.

--
--- SER