[darcs-users] dist command - bug or feature?

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Sat Oct 25 09:37:09 UTC 2003

Hi!

I must confess that darcs sparks my interest even to the extent to try to learn
Haskell and use it a general programming language :-)

However, at the moment I'm too occupied with other things, but still I think I
have found some bug in darcs.

When I try to make tarball of the repository with:

darcs -d darcs-0.9.13, darcs produces correct archive.

otoh, when invoking command with:

darcs -v -d darcs-0.9.13

it seems that archive is not correct, i.e.:

bash-2.05b$ tar xvzf darcs-0.9.13-r2.tar.gz
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
bash-2.05b$

I skimmed the Dist.lhs code (although I do not know anything about Haskell, but
this part is a little bit imperative :-), but I cannot see anything strange and
cannot provide any patch for even such a small thing :-(

So, is it something wrong with --verbose flag & dist command*

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour