[darcs-users] Re: darcs diff and boring files

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 25 20:04:26 UTC 2003

David Roundy writes:

 >> Files etc-old/X11/rstart/rstartd.real and etc-new/X11/rstart/rstartd.real differ
 >> Skipping boring file X11/rstart/rstartd.real
 >> peti:/etc# darcs whatsnew --look-for-adds
 >> No changes!

 > Is X11/rstart/rstartd.real really in your repository?

Yes, it's a normal file, nothing fancy like a symlink or so.

 > Also, is it a binary file (according to diff(1))?

Yes, the file is an ELF executable. I remember that I had it added to
the repository (and recorded), but that it wasn't listed in "binaries"
at the time. Darcs removed it once I added it to "boring", though.
Maybe that mistake back then is causing the hick-up?

 >   getLine
 >   return ()

I'll try that ASAP.

Peter