[darcs-users] scheme bindings

BARBOUR Timothy Timothy_BARBOUR at rta.nsw.gov.au
Thu Sep 4 04:49:59 UTC 2003

[...]
> If you are interested in C library bindings to darcs, I'd like to
> eventually create a libdarcs API, which would mean you
> wouldn't have to
> parse the output of darcs commands.  I assume that Gauche
> Scheme can link
> with C bindings... although it's maybe more trouble than it's
> worth.  The
> main reason I haven't created such a beast already is that I
> haven't had
> need for it.  Let me know if you're interested.  It seems a
> little silly to
> create a C API just to create a scheme API, but I'd like
> people to be able
> to easily write programs that interface with darcs repos, and
> a C API seems
> to be the way to do it, since pretty much every language can create
> bindings to a C library.

Another possibility is CORBA. Most languages seem to have CORBA bindings,
and Haskell does in particular
(http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/sf/h/haskell-corba/).

[sorry about the previous message, David - I accidentally sent it too soon]

Tim

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This e-mail and any attachment to it is intended only to be read or used by
the named addressee.  It is confidential and may contain legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistaken transmission to you.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender.  You must not
disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended
recipient.  The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to
this e-mail or attachment to it.