[darcs-users] bug reports for darcs diff

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Thu Sep 25 18:26:37 UTC 2003

Hello,

here are some questions and a few bug reports that were delayed during the
exams period.

i) 'darcs diff' produces bogus trailing output. Note that I haven't been able
to reproduce for trivial repositories so I can't provide a simple test case.
Some sample output that demonstrates the problem is attached in "bogus_diff".

ii) darcs passes absolute path names to the diff program, producing very long
diff header lines; see "bogus_diff". Running it with relative paths and
_darcs as the current directory would produce much more readable output,
without revealing the absolute pathname of the repository and would probably
be more friendly to anyone who tries to apply the patch.

iii) Is darcs diff -m 'whatever' supposed to produce a diff to the 'current'
tree? Please let me know, so I can submit a documentation patch to
DiffCommand.lhs.

iv) from FastPackedString: is map_denywrite honored in OS X? Linux and FreeBSD
have ignored it for years. (I assume there isn't an easy way of using the
defines in the system header files for the constants?)

Aggelos