[darcs-users] removing conflicts in a repository

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Apr 5 11:29:45 UTC 2004

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 11:26:09AM -0700, Tupshin Harper wrote:
> David Roundy wrote:
>
> >At to how to fix it so there won't be a problem, you can do this by adding
> >another patch that modifies this line.  The only catch is that it can't
> >modify it to be the original value, since that is what darcs does "by
> >default" when it sees the conflict, so it won't know the conflict has been
> >resolved.  You could get around this either by adding a bit of "harmless"
> >whitespace, or by creating two patches.  Both are ugly solutions, and
> >eventually I'd like to come up with a cleaner way to resolve a conflict
> >between two changes by simply ignoring both of them.
>
> Yes, that was the most recent source of conflict. I believe there are a
> couple earlier ones, but I haven't been able to track them down. I see
> two needs:
> 1) cleaner way to resolve a conflict
> 2) easier way to identify a conflict.

Agreed.  I've planned for quite a while to "some day" create a conflict
resolution command for darcs.  I could *relatively* easily write a tool
(with existing code) that would look in the current repository for
conflicts and then give you a choice of one or more different resolutions
for each one.  I'll put this on my TODO list...
http://www.abridgegame.org