[darcs-users] 'darcs changes' date format

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Apr 7 10:46:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 04:42:48PM +0300, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:

> The default human-readable output of 'darcs changes' should in my opinion
> use either the date format specified by the locale or an ISO format date.
> (I prefer the ISO format for everything with international audience.)
> Now it only seems to produce american/english local date format despite
> locale settings.

Argh... this is a ghc bug!  The haskell report defines an interface for
determining the locale, but in ghc it simply always returns the same
answer! I'll bring this up with the ghc folks.  That isn't the quickest way
to get a fix, but it's the best way.  If a new release isn't forthcoming, I
may write my own time module using C to get the actual locale data...
http://www.abridgegame.org