[darcs-users] Inconsistent repo?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Apr 8 11:15:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 04:32:54PM -0700, David Brown wrote:
> I have a repo where I get the following
>
>   % darcs check
>   Looks like we have a difference...
>   Nothing
>   Inconsistent repo!
>
> It looks like '_darcs/current' has a _darcs directory in it.  This
> directory appeared in a new repo when I did a 'get'.

Alas, this is a known (and fixed) bug... which means I really need to be
releasing 0.9.19 soon.  Maybe this weekend I'll do another release, if
there's a pause in which no new bugs get reported or fixed.

Fortunately it is very easy to work around--you just remove the
_darcs/current/_darcs directory.  Or (if you feel more adventuresome) you
could run the darcs repair command... I remember fixing a bug recently in
darcs repair (that caused it to fail, not cause corruption), but don't
remember if it was since 0.9.18.

> Also helpful is that the following doesn't work (with any copy of this
> repo):
>
>   % mkdir /tmp/foo
>   % cd /tmp/foo
>   % darcs inittree
>   % darcs pull ~/src-repo
>
>   Fail: Prelude.last: empty list
>
> I don't know if these are related.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?

No, I think this latter error is quite different, and is triggered by
pulling into an empty repository.  I've just fixed it.  Fortunately it was
quite easy to track down.

Thanks for the bug reports!
http://www.abridgegame.org