[darcs-users] announcing darcs 0.9.19

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Apr 10 21:41:43 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 11:50:14AM -0700, Will wrote:
> David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:
>
> > Darcs version 0.9.19 has just been released.  This is mostly a bugfix
> > release, fixing several bugs that had sneaked into version 0.9.18.  The
> > only new feature is the addition of a --summary option to darcs changes.
>
> Thanks David!  I put a win32 build at http://glozer.net/darcs.  I've
> switched to a static build process, so there is a single darcs.exe
> with no DLL dependencies; it has libcurl and everything else linked
> in.  This build also uses win32 threads instead of pthreads.

Hmmm.  I tried running this using wine, and it seems that it *does* require
libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll.  These are the openssl libraries, and I
guess it makes sense not to link with them statically, since if you did so
you couldn't legally distribute the resulting binary... Perhaps it would be
better to simply build darcs using the non-ssl version of libcurl? Another
option would be to relicense darcs with a special exception for openssl,
but to do that I'd have to track down everyone who's contributed
(admittedly there aren't *that* many) and get their permission, which would
be a bit of a pain.

In addition, you probably don't want to include darcs-createrepo.exe,
darcsman.exe or unit.exe in the zip file.  I don't think you'd want to
include darcs_cgi.exe either, although I suppose it could be useful for
people who run web servers on their windows machines... but I'm not sure
it'd look in the right places to find the repositories.
http://www.abridgegame.org