[darcs-users] on the subject of better names...

Adam Megacz adam at megacz.com
Sun Apr 11 06:31:12 UTC 2004

Hey, thanks for the send/push thing.  Can I suggest one more thing?

Is there any chance we could merge unrecord and unpull into
deletepatch or destroypatch or something like that?

My primary gripe is that patches can come from things other than
pulling and recording (rollback is the most confusing example).
There's no "unrollback" command, but since you didn't "pull" or
"record" the rollback patch, people wouldn't think that "unpull" is
the right way to undo a rollback.

I guess you could have something like

   destroypatch [-k] [-m patchname]

where -k would keep the changes in the working copy (like unrecord)
and without -k the working copy would be rolled back as well (unpull).

  - a

--
"It's lucky," he added, after a pause, "that there are such a lot of
islands in the world.  I almost envy you, Mr. Watson."

                                                   -- Mustapha Mond