[darcs-users] darcs testing script question...

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue Apr 13 10:24:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 09:03:23AM -0700, Tanksley, William D. Jr. wrote:
> Speaking of which, I got the latest win32 client, and everything seems to
> work properly. Good work! I do have a question, though -- I managed to get
> myself a conflict that I don't know how to fix.
>
> I did something like the following (I haven't tested this reduced sequence
> to see if it recreates my situation, and won't have time until I get home):
>
> darcs inittree
> darcs pull /darcs/omega
> cd omega
> darcs mv tests ..
> cd ..
> darcs remove tests
>
> 'tests' was a directory.
>
> Now, darcs record tells me that I've got a conflict, and this is the only
> thing I can see as causing it. The problem is that I don't see how I'm
> supposed to resolve the conflict, nor do I see why it *must* be considered a
> conflict (it seems like a 'remove' should work with a 'move').

This does sound interesting.  You're right, it shouldn't cause a conflict,
but it's the sort of thing that isn't likely to be well-tested, so I look
forward to hearing the details.  In particular, the precise error message
you get and the contents of _darcs/patches/pending will be interesting.
http://www.abridgegame.org