[darcs-users] inadvertant patch reversal

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Fri Apr 16 11:01:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 03:26:21AM -0700, Tupshin Harper wrote:

[Cut details, but thanks for providing them, as it allowed me to understand
what had happened.]

> I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature of darcs, but surely there
> must be a better way to handle this kind of situation.

These two patches were presumably applied with --no-resolve-conflicts, so
there is a conflict in the repository.  If you pull the two patches, the
conflict will be resolved in your working directory as you would wish.

Whenever there is a conflict, the result is to undo the changes involved in
the conflict, and then (unless --no-resolve-conflicts is specified) to
resolve the conflict in the working directory and notify the user that
there was a conflict.  Then you can either record the conflict resolution,
or choose a different method of resolving the conflict.
http://www.abridgegame.org