[darcs-users] rolling back/unpulling a patch with dependencies

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Tue Apr 20 05:38:08 UTC 2004

Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> If I start from a fully recorded repository, and pull a patch A that
> causes a conflict, then the working directory is left out of sync with
> _darcs/current, so immediately my repository isn't fully recorded any
> more, which I find rather strange. (Admittedly it's what CVS does too)

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I've been wanting to say it
for a while:

When I received my first darcs patch bundle from someone, I expected
'apply' to affect my working directory, but NOT immediately record it. I
wanted to inspect the changes, run make, and play with the results
before recording it. Since there were no conflicts, WHOOSH...it had been
recorded without my approval.

There seem to be several places where darcs affects the working
directory but not the recorded repo, or vice versa, and it's not always
obvious why that is the case.

Those are my poorly formed thoughts on the matter. If there is interest
or debate, I can do more research and thinking about it.

Kevin