[darcs-users] announcing darcs 0.9.19

BARBOUR Timothy Timothy_BARBOUR at rta.nsw.gov.au
Wed Apr 21 03:41:54 UTC 2004

[...]
> Darcs version 0.9.19 has just been released.  This is mostly a bugfix
> release, fixing several bugs that had sneaked into version
> 0.9.18.  The
> only new feature is the addition of a --summary option to
> darcs changes.

I thought 0.9.18 was intended to be a stable version. It seems ironic that
darcs should have a problem with bugs "sneaking in" (unless the particular
version is unstable), when darcs should excel at maintaining stable
production releases in parallel with unstable versions.

Would it be possible to have specific stable and unstable "branches", and
arrange (e.g. via suitable tags) that changes never get into a stable
release until after a suitable duration of beta testing in unstable versions
? One way to produce a release version might be to start with an arbitrary
unstable version, apply all relevant bugfixes to it (this has been discussed
on the list before), then test for a while before releasing as stable.

Tim

-- sorry about the lame .sig --

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.