[darcs-users] Very simple newbie query

Andrew Lawson andrew at absentis.com
Fri Apr 23 09:19:28 UTC 2004

Hello
    I've just started playing with darcs on WinXP, using todays latest
    build and have discovered that I can't work out how to cope with
    subdirectories. If I have a directory structure like so;

    myproject/subproject/src/afile.py

    I went into the myproject directory and did;

    darcs.exe inittree

    Now I want to add the .py file. From the same direcotry I did;

    darcs add subproject/src/afile.py

    But this failed with 'Skipping: addfile subproject/src/afile.py'. I
    note that I can use the -r to add files recursivlely but I only want
    to add this one file and have plenty of others in subdirectories
    that I do not want affected. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

            thanks

                    Andrew